Friday, April 20, 2018

Vail:SoCal race # 4

Sunday morning my sister and I woke up early and got ready to pre ride the course. On the pre ride we scouted our lines and stopped a lot on the Varsity add on to dial in our confidence on the tarantula decent. I really enjoyed how the course was layed out and I was pretty exited to race later that day.

After pre ride we chilled out at the team pit and got everything set up. Once it was time to warm up I got all my gear and got my legs spinning. The sky started to clear up and the sun was beating down, it was hot! I decided to put some ice cubes in my back pocket before we lined up to keep cool. I was fortunate to get a call up and had a front line start.

The first lap felt really short and I was sitting in fifth place, with my sister just seconds behind me. I was really close to making it up marine core, but I had to run about 10 feet of it. I could see people not to far in-front of me so I really tried to pick my pace up, but my legs said otherwise, they were starting to feel the effects of a double race weekend.

Second lap my sister and I switched from fifth and sixth through out the lap, we each would switch off leading in an effort to catch fourth place. I felt really confident on tarantula and I felt like I was flying down the single track. By the end of the second lap Hayley and I were  neck and neck!

Third lap seemed to be the most painful lap of all. I made my break from Hayley on the first fire road climb and was alone the rest of the lap. I could see fourth place really close to me but I was unable to catch her by the finish of the race.

I finished fifth place! I can't wait till league finals in a couple weeks to push my hardest and give it my all. I'm so proud of all my teammates and thankful for everyone that made this race run so smoothly. Stoked to race for the next three weekends and happy to have a double 5th place race weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SoCal Race #2: Vail Lake

On Saturday morning Hayley, some of my Yucaipa teammates, and I all pre-road the course to get a feel for it and dial in our lines. I have r...